Sunday, February 15, 2015

Right Coast Channeled 32 3 Window Deuce

Welcome to my blog / website. I would like to thank my Daughter in law Joanna Johnson for patiently helping me through this process. I'm not computer literate at all!
So please let me know what I need to do to make it better . You still can buy my book etc. using PayPal, I think. 



Here's a shot of the newest pinstriping job, Built by Custom Auto of Loveland, Colorado. A "Right Coast Look" 32 Ford 3 window coupe that has been channeled, Buick "nail head"powered and painted deep green.  

I've pinstriped several cars for this customer, always subtle and conservatively. I always add a capital "M" in the pinstriping design somewhere . This one was a challenge because of the bold ivory colored firewall and the cooper colored Buick mill. I chose to use the ivory and a lighter green to tie the firewall and interior together. Adding a small amount of copper to all the designs and to start of the double stripes. This color choices calm the boldness and accent the complexity of this beautiful hot rod.

I did a panel using all the color possibilities which help the customer decide on a direction. 

Because teh car had no hood I started the double stripes at the cowl with this motif.

The stripes wrapped around the rear and ended in the same manner at the left side.
The trunk subtle design with an "M" for his initial.

 At the front I used a similar design for the grille and cowl vent for continuity.


A simple design on the head lights brings the colors all together.

Finishing touches on the grille shell ties the copper engine and the entire car together without clutter.

"Keep it simple and Classy."


No comments:

Post a Comment